Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trivia, Tags and Tattoos

Let's see if I can actually do this. Seeing things through hasn't been a virtue of mine lately.

First, a brief detour. This isn't exactly an adoption blog, but adoption is a big part of my life. I don't know how many people drop by because they are interested in adoption issues, but if you are, I'd like to send you over to www.adoptingtheolderchild.com. It's an incredible resource written by an adoptive mom with a talent for distilling complicated information. I'm the guest poster there today and tomorrow writing about adoption disruption.

*******************************

Ten days. Ten honest things about me. Ten terribly tardy thank yous (oh yeah, alliteration) for some lovely bloggy acknowledgments. To top it all off, I'm kicking off the Great Trivia Challenge of 2009 with ten chances to answer inane questions, earn some meaningless points and make it onto the list of infamy over there in the sidebar.

There's more. I know. It's like Christmas returned unexpectedly, isn't it? The present for the top trivia points earner this time is so awesome, I'm squirming on my couch and clapping my hands right now. I'm going to run this contest until the day my bouncing bundle of joy decides to make an appearance. I can't show you the winner's gift right now, but it's hand made, and it's gorgeous. One of my closest friends in the whole world makes these. I have two and she's working on one for little Cue too. Pictures when I get home in three weeks!

Enough. How can I make even this silliness into a long post?

Honest scrap numero uno. Thanks to More Than a Minivan Mom, one of my favorite woman in the blogosphere, for the idea and to Smart Ass Mom for the email tag! The rule is to dig deep and make it good.

I have two tattoos. One on my ankle that I got on my twenty-first birthday. It's simple, two horseshoes for luck. The other, I just recently found out, is called a tramp stamp. It's right above my butt on my left side. This one resulted from craziness with my sister in New Zealand in 2004. I love my tats. Matt, not so much. He tells me that anymore qualifies me for circus performer status.

Here's my tramp stamp. Pardon the close up of my back.



So, now, for TEN points and the early lead in the trivia contest...what's the origin and what does it mean? Just so you know, it's not a spider. Anyone who knows because I told them is disqualified.



Anyone else want to confess their tattoos? Pictures welcome.

***********************
Loveliness acknowledged.

The unmatchable Heinous gave me this little indecipherable gem.





Kmommy from The Poopie Patrol made my day quite a while ago with this.





Thank you! I love reading you both.