Tag & Thank you.Honest scrap number three. I'm combining number three with the Fabulous Award that Gayle at The White House sent my way. Thanks Gayle, I think you're fabulous too! The award asks you to confess to five addictions.
I've already written about my grande, nonfat, extra-hot, no water, chai tea latte addiction. Starbucks only please. Nobody does it better.
Chocolate. Preferably in cake form. Moist, but not soggy.
Shoulder and neck massages. If I'm ever a millionaire...no chef, no fancy house, don't care about cars. A personal masseuse is what I want.
Movie star jeans. I go on a pilgrimage for a pair every year. Totally worth it, it's all I wear. Well, with a top, but any top looks good with movie star jeans. I get my tops at Old Navy. If you don't believe me, set aside a few hours, go to Nordstroms (a big one) and try on some obscenely expensive denim. AGs or Citizens of Humanity or Joes. Try them all. Unless you just hate jeans, you'll love it. It's like a religious experience. Find the perfect jeans for you and then BUY them. Angels will sing. I have a pathetic wardrobe and I never do my hair, but most days, I feel okay because dammit if my ass doesn't look pretty good in my jeans.
Current kiddy addiction - blowing Bubble Yum bubbles while they watch. I love they way their little tongues follow my tongue's movements while they all stare in rapt attention like I'm the Super Readers or something.
I don't usually do this, but I'd like to hear some other fabulous bloggers' addictions. Insta-mom? Maura? Norwindians? For Myself? Anything to confess?
************************************************
Trivia.
Nice. Kym from I'm A Smart One (if you're not following Kym and her incredible family and her surrogate journey with Chance and Apollo, well, you are missing out on a heck of a story and this is the week to join them) started strong with ten points for Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Marbury v. Madison. Mommymae was the first of many with the correct movie - Chicken Little.
I have nothing today. We spent four hours at the pool this morning and I am t-i-r-e-d. How about I play the ultimate lazy card and get you to help me with two trivia questions that are driving me crazy? What? No? That's cheating? Well, it's my pointless trivia game and I'll be lazy if I want to, lazy if I want to, lazy if I want to, (you would be lazy too, if these kids happened to you - aha, there, who sings the original for five points. I don't even know, I have to look it up).
Two other things I don't know. There's a children's chapter book about a brother and sister that live in a museum for a few weeks. They hide from the guard in the bathroom. They discover that a new statue is an undiscovered Michelangelo. Anyone? Please. Five points and my undying gratitude.
I don't really expect anyone to know this, but my kids came home for the long weekend singing a new bible song and it's driving me batty. Not that they're singing, or that it's a bible song, but that this is the sum total of the lyrics they remember: "BOING, BOING DAVID, BOING, BOING DAVID, BOING, BOING DAVID and five little stones he took." Then the singing stops in favor of enthusiastic sling swinging reenactments.
I assume it's a song about David and Goliath and the first line of the song is not actually BOING BOING DAVID. Anyone heard this one at vacation bible school maybe? Please tell me the real lyrics because I don't see the SDA ladies until Wednesday and even then, I'm not sure how to delicately ask the nice church ladies if they are teaching my children lewd bible songs. (Sorry, when I was a preteen, to boing someone was to, well, you know, it wasn't to kiss them.)
**********************************************
Crappy, inattentive parenting.
Gee: (incoherent screaming)
Me: (not turning from computer) What happened Gee?
Gee: (incoherent screaming)
Me: (still typing) I can't understand this. Use your words.
Gee: I fall. The FLOOR HIT ME!
Me: (didn't really listen, assuming it's his sister) Oh no! That's not nice. Tell her how you feel.
Gee: No thank you floor. I feel sad when you hit me.
Me: ?? Did I miss something?






