Monday, June 30, 2008

Bloggy Love In

I have to do a little bloggity bidness today. Tomorrow I'm going to make up for my lame, single-minded focus on my potty training adventures lately by posting an actual, serious post on an adoption topic that matters to me.

So first, did you hear that the planet has a new computer genius? Uh huh. That's right. It's me. Check out the url for my site. Up there in the 'what site you're visiting' bar thing at the top. Yes, that is the technical term. Do you see it? I've got my very own, one and only, super special domain name. No .blogspot.com for me. I AM http://www.anymommyoutthere.com/.

It was hardy harderson too, because I had already bought my domain name from Go Daddy. Blogging tip of the day: Do not do that. I thought you had to buy websites from them. I thought they were the only domain registrar. Untrue. There are many, many, including blogger. The blogger people will register your domain for you. Buying my domain from Go Daddy made my life infinitely harder. I had to follow blogger's instructions for rerouting my DNS or reDNSing my router or some crap like that. Are your eyes glazing over? Because mine did, as soon as I read, reroute and DNS and other hideously boring computer related words. Usually, when I read things like that, I whine to HSSH about how boring it is and how I don't understand and please, please will he do it for me. But, he was all no, blogging is your thang, figure it out yourself.

He didn't think I could do it, but I totally did. Mr. Gates, I'd like a nice, part-time, work from home position please with a decent salary and full benefits. Bill? Please?

**************

This little blog of mine (I'm gonna let it shine) has also been the recipient of some really nice links, comments and general, all around love lately.

A few weeks ago, Awake at While the baby sleeps gave me this blogging present. I was honored because I love her blog. She's insightful and a hell of a writer. Go and read, you won't be disappointed. The way blogging bling works, I've learned, is that you get to double the fun by passing it on, which is hard because I have discovered so many excellent blogs. I give this to Katy at Funny Girl. We've been bloggy friends for a while now. She's a fellow adoptive mom with a sweet take on life, even when it's at its most challenging. She also tells some funny nursing stories. I think she's excellent.


Megan at Penny Carnival devoted a whole post to my potty training misadventures and the Messter Map. I am so tickled because she's another incredible writer (she actually does it for a living). She is also, hands down, the most amazingly creative mom I have ever met. Megan, where do you find the time? Check out her daughter's rainbow birthday cake. A M A Z I N G!

Jane and I share park days and coop toddler school in real life. In blogworld, we share an addictive love for dots on the map! She also inspired my quest for my own domain. Trendsetter. See Jane Blog is her fun account of life with two boys.

Shannon has been another friend since my blogging beginnings. Her blog Overflowing is just that - overflowing with life, love and fabulous pictures.

There's much more to share. The blogosphere is huge and it has been really kind to me. I'll end with a meme. What the huckleberry is that, you ask? Funny enough, I had to look it up as well. Meme, n. an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture. Thank you, Mr. Webster. Adopted in blogspeak to mean a game or idea that spreads from blog to blog. Makes sense. Wfbdoglover tagged me with my first meme. Here I go, I'm a real blogger now.

A is for: Attached or Single? Attached for nineteen years, married ten. Whew! Do that math. HSSH and I met at the tender age of sixteen.
B is for: Best Friend? Kris. For nineteen years. Love you!
C is for Cake or pie? No, C is for chocolate.
D is for: Day of choice? Saturday.
E is for: Essential item? Diaper bag, sad, but true.
F is for: Favorite color? Blue (like my boys’ eyes) and chocolate brown (like my girl’s skin).
G is for: Gummy bears or worms? Yuck. Nonchocolate candy is not real candy.
H is for: Home town? None. I’m a military brat.
I is for: Favorite indulgence? Chai tea latte from the huge coffee conglomerate that is taking over the world and shall not be named. Hint, rhymes with Tartucks.
K is for: Kids? Three under three.
L is for: Life isn’t complete without? Love. And chocolate. And chai tea lattes. Wine. Friends. I’m done. Wait. Rum.
M is for: Marriage date? May 8, 1999.
N is for: Number of brothers and sisters? Two sisters in my family, many more sisters of my heart.
O is for: Oranges or Apples? Apples (with chocolate, or at least peanut butter).
P is for: Phobias? Numerous. Spiders. Dark. Mirrors. Closets. Unlocked doors at night. Tight spaces. Choking. I’m a mess.
Q is for: Quotes? Not all who wander are lost – JRR Tolkien.
S is for: Season of choice? Summer!
T is for: Tag, you’re it! If you do this meme, leave me a comment. Also, T is for travel. Love it. LOVE IT. Miss it because with three kids, hate it. Hhhhhaaattteeee it.
U is for an Unknown fact about me: I’ve ridden a horse across Mongolia.
V is for: Vegetable? Baked sweet potato.
W is for: Worst Habit? Picking scabs. Gross. TMI.
X is for: X-ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound. I can’t think of a fun reason for an x-ray. There’s another phobia – one of my kids breaking a bone.
Y is for: Your favorite food? Bagels and lox. You can take the Jew and marry her to a Christian, but you can’t take the bagels away from her or she’ll chew your arm off.
Z is for: Zodiac sign? Pisces. The fish. Cold. Slimy. Lovely.
Z is for: Which zoo animal is your favorite? Toddlers. They look cute and cuddly, but they'll chew your arm off.