Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm gonna get your goat

UPDATE:  AND THE GOAT GOES TO ... Susie!!!
I used random.org and it generated a random list of the numbers 1-50 (since there were 50 comments).  The first few numbers are below (that's the lawyer in me, must provide proof) and #5 was the top pick.  Susie left the fifth comment, so YAY! Goat for Susie.  Email me and I'll email you and we'll get all your information to the awesome Oxfam people helping with this giveaway. 

Meanwhile, as lucky Susie gets a goat, I get contagious skin barnacles, but that's a whole different post that I will definitely be posting.  Probably right now.  Skin barnacles suck, but you all are wholly and completely awesome. Thanks for commenting and supporting Oxfam, goats for rural families, me and that spirit of the season thing.  If you want to weep a little over how good people can be, go and check out what's been going on at www.thebloggess.com.  Amazing.

Random Sequence Generator

Here is your sequence:
5
33
45
27
25
15

Enough about me.  Let's talk about a charity called Oxfam and how they are helping families all over the world, making their lives a little brighter, their futures a little more certain and their children a little healthier.

It's no secret that while the first world celebrates the holidays, people around the world struggle to feed their families.  We all help in large and small ways to try and ease things for others at home and abroad.

What if you could help AND be a part of cutting edge fashion trends?  Because as Oxfam and their fabulous fashion forward spokesman point out, there is nothing more fashionable than draping a goat around your shoulders or donning a chicken, or wrapping yourself in a sheep.  If you plan to send that livestock to a family in need in a rural community.  That is the beauty of The Oxfam Collection, 2010.  Gifts that provide life.  Gifts that sustain.  Gifts that make a difference.

Please consider The Oxfam Collection, 2010 as you bustle about for last minute gifts this year.  A dozen chicks for that uncle who has everything.  A grove of miracle trees for your boss. I mean does he really need more chocolate?   What about books for kids who need them as a gift exchange between your own children? We're going to give books from Oxfam this year as the gifts between my kids and it shocked me how well they understood this concept.

Here's the fun part.  Oxfam is letting me give away a goat to a reader! One of you can give the gift of milk, fertilizer and food to a struggling family.  All you have to do is comment on this post and you've entered to win.  Comment by midnight (PST) Friday, December 17.  I'll choose a winner with one of those random thingys over the weekend and announce the name on Monday.  So fun.  So easy.  So heart-warming.  Thanks, Oxfam.

Wait. Fine print:  1)  You have to live in the United States to win.  (Sorry Canadians.)  2)  You cannot keep the goat.  I know.  That's just mean.  If you really need a goat, email me, I'll see what I can do, but this one has to go to needy families in very rural areas of the world.  3) You have to leave me a valid email somehow or contact me after I announce you as the goat gift recipient.  4) You have to pledge your first born child to me.  5) That last one was a joke, I have plenty of children, I want money.  6)  KID(DING). Ahahaha. I slay me. This is absolutely legit and Oxfam is an amazing charity, now go forth and comment.