Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Random

I have much to share, but first, nonsensical, trivial crapola that makes me happy!

I love throwing things away.  Related: I'm making excellent progress on the great addition purge of 2011. The sewage and electric are in, we've passed all inspections to date and the footers are poured.  Onward, HO!  (That's pirate for "let's move this bitch forward," not for "Stacey, you ho, keep purging.")

The Bachlorette.  I'm completely hooked this season. Who's with me? High quality entertainment.  My favorites so far are Bentley and William, except William lost all cred with me this last episode when he wasn't all "listen bitch, you said roast, I roasted, bite me with the tears already."  And then Bentley uttered my new life anthem right before he left the show, a development which really kills it for me: "I'm gonna make Ashley cry, hope my hair looks alright."  Pure chocolate truffle filled pleasure.  Oh and Ashley's "my heart is like, totally broken," was a close second.  Oh yes, I mock.  COME ON. These are adults! Living in the same world that we live in!  Some of them have jobs and make money.  How am I not a millionaire by now?

My ship is like, totally going to come in one of these days, I hope my hair looks alright.

I'm done.  What? You're not watching? You have better things to do with your life like, oh I don't know, pluck a stranger's errant nose hairs?  You are like, totally missing out. That is all I have to say about that (and it was plenty, I know).

And now:  Things that are actually worth your time.

1)  The Spokane LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER videos are up at the national youtube page.  I hope that you'll watch them.  For me, they were equally stunning the second time. (Spokane starts with "B-R-E-A-T-H-E" and runs through "A Revelation of Sorts."  After you've watched Mindi read "Diagnosiverary," you are going to want to visit her here and help her reach her goal in the quest to fund childhood cancer research.)

2)  This lovely lady had cancer surgery a few weeks ago. The awesome Tracey at Just Another Mommy Blog had the idea to send a bunch of people to visit and leave her comments cheering her along on her road to cancer recovery.  I completely dropped the blog ball the week of her surgery and it sucks; so please go and leave a comment and tell her that we think she is incredible.

3)  Maggie.  You all know how I adore Maggie and her writing and her too-cute-for-school baby girl, Ever.  She wrote a short story, My Year in Mississippi, and it's in Story Bleed magazine.  We're just waiting for the novel, Maggie.

4)  A super long time ago, Shannon asked me to mention the book Mile Markers by her friend Kristin Armstrong.  I can't recommend it because I only run when chased by something with sharp teeth and even then not very fast, but that is okay because Shannon recommends it beautifully.  I know so many of you are runners - because you are insane and also no longer my friends on account of that whole "exercising" thing - and I think you'll like her post and the book.

5)  This post is gorgeous.  (And bonus: Heather just had a beautiful baby girl.)

6) Speaking of gorgeous posts, BlogHer 2011 Voices of the Year submissions are open.  Don't miss the chance to honor your favorite writers this year by nominating their work.  Also - and I absolutely mean this - write to me and let me know if you wrote a post that you'd like nominated.  It is so hard to keep up with all of the fabulous writing that happens over a whole year.  Help me get your favorite writing up there!

Alrighty then.  I think that's a wrap.

I'm gonna make Hampton cry, hope my hair looks alright.