Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oh, Idaho


I malign you so.


(Southwest shore of Lake Coeur D'Alene.)


But you are really beautiful, for about four days every summer when you deign to be warm enough for mammals to survive.

And if it's too cold to swim ...

(Trust me on this, it's always too cold to swim. Nate fell in head first and I had to fish him out; I couldn't feel my legs.)


(Nate mentally projecting: WTfreezingF was that? My head. Went under the ice water! Did you take off your shoes before you ran in? You did, didn't you? (I didn't, they were already off. I swear.))

...there are always s'mores by the fire.





Lest you think we live this fabulously all the time, no, no. No. We live this fabulously when Elise's parents come to visit and rent a gorgeous house on the lake for a week and we crash their party for a day. (THANK YOU!)

In general, we live with a lot less stunning blue water and soldiering pines and a lot more whining and dog vomit.

And construction.


Last week.


This week. Progressing nicely, right? Soon I begin to bombard you with color and decorating questions because I'm clueless and, somehow, Million Dollar Design on Bravo is only adding to my difficulties.  Why is that? Could it be because they buy chairs that would consume my entire budget? Bravo? Not helpful.