Gee got a fish for his birthday and so now Matt and I fight not only about the Great Dane pats in the front yard, but also the filmy state of the fish tank. We're gluttons for punishment. Ess has had some mild behavioral problems at school. All noses are in a constant state of runny. We stay at runny level orange from October to June with occasional forays into CODE RED! ANTIBIOTICS STAT! I'm leaving for a much much much anticipated girls' weekend tomorrow and I need to accomplish a 250,000 bullet point to-do list and achieve the rare and elusive "all laundry clean and put away" status before I leave. I'm not a woman who cooks for her man before she deserts him - or ever really - so the least I can do is ensure sufficient clean laundry for as many changes as the weekend brings.
That stuff. That's all just the chocolate cookie, right? The stuff that you have to crunch through to get to the good stuff.
Drum roll please ...
You are all in trouble now.
Everything else - Nate's first steps. Pumpkin carving. Bedtime snuggles. Fireside games. - That's the cream-filled center.
*This ridiculous metaphor brought to you by my love of Elise and her love of Oreo filling.






