My laptop died. Actually, to be precise, the power cord died and the battery is defunct. The power cord started sparking last week and I steadfastly ignored it. I found a replacement cord on Amazon, but the shipping charge was like four times the price of the stupid cord and so I didn't order it. Then, Matt saw the cord sparking and he was all, blah, blah, blah, I forbid you to use that sparking fire hazard and burn down the house and kill us all. After that, the damn thing shocked me and stopped working completely.
Sheesh. If it's not the sewer system it's the conduit to the outside world. We are falling apart.
We are also sharing a computer. Our marriage is in peril.
All of that is to say that I've been trying for days to finish this post with updates on the major projects that I've been bitching about on twitter for weeks.
First, the mudroom that Matt built. (With help from Scot. Scot framed the room, installed all the windows and skylights, put on the siding and did the wiring and drywall. He should get a little credit.) Matt tiled, built cubbies and painted inside and out. He's amazing. I picked paint colors.
I don't craft. We've established that. I don't craft. I don't let my children craft. I am mean and controlling and horrible and ohmygoddoyouknowhowstickyandmessymostchildrenscraftsareitisridiculousokay????
That is why they go to preschool. Crafting.
Every so often, though, I get a wild hair and I really want to do something crafty. Brace yourselves. I crafted and I let the children help me. Sort of. I let them color the chalk board underneath their pictures however they wanted. My permissiveness knows no limits. The point is that I made the chalkboard/picture crafting fabulousiosousness above the cubbies. I couldn't find chalkboards the right size, so I bought canvases and chalkboard paint and then I actually followed through and painted the canvases with the chalkboard paint. I remembered to let them dry without ruining them AND I took all the children to the store to buy chalk before I finally I let them color on my craft. Sort of.
Saige wants to know where the lion is that she carefully drew. The child is so observant. It's hiding in its cave behind your picture, Saige, lions hate to be out in the open. True story.
Second, my new kitchen color. It's called "butter cookie." Isn't it yummy? If you helped me on twitter, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'm really glad I went with the lighter yellow. It's perfect.
Comments are closed mostly because I'm working on a big project, but a little bit because I don't want anyone to tell me that my colors suck. I love them. It's like a baby name, just nod and smile. (If you want to tell me how awesome they are, please email.) Also, thank you for the gift of your favorite books. My list kicks ass now.






