Maybe he's not Brad Pitt, but doesn't he accessorize well? Babynater ala five year old bjorn. All the cool kids are wearing them.
Happy Birthday, my love. I didn't post this on your real birthday because I know how freaky you are about my imaginary friends in my internet world. That is how much I love you. Now please stop hyperventilating about the holiday cards. They are from people I have met. In real life. They were lovely and have families of their own and everything.
************************************************
Tying up a few loose ends. December is kicking my butt and my parents get here tomorrow and my sister comes on Wednesday and then ohmigoditsxmas and we've got I think a bajillion fun kid activities next week that all involve horrendous amounts of sugar and sticky things that children are supposed to touch like cookie decorating and ornament making. You'll be able to find me huddled in the corner, rocking, clutching a container of wet wipes. In between crafting and bread baking (I made another batch of challah and braided it into mini-loaves for preschool and I KNOW, it was briefly like I was the most collected, together, organized SAHM ev-ah and then in between dropping off the mini loaves at Ess and Gee's preschool and taking the rest of the mini loaves to Cue's preschool I called a complete stranger a b-i-t-c-h in a grocery store parking lot. In my defense, she totally was, but that does not really excuse my behavior.) and managing to get a few cards sent out and oh yeah (!) spending a little time with my children, I haven't been able to do much more on line than fly by twitter occasionally.
But. Tomorrow. Ess and Gee go to all day preschool camp. Just say it out loud with me. All.day.preschool.camp. Isn't it beautiful? Like a full orchestra playing Pachabel's Canon in D. My to do list shall be conquered.
And it's all good. It really is. This is the part of the holidays I love. We don't do a lot of presents. Santa brings only one gift to our house, something bulky for all the kids (this year a play kitchen, shhhh ;-) and Matt and I give each of the kids one present and fill their stockings. I love the going, the getting together, the making, the candle lighting, the baking, the note writing, the singing, the eating (oh, the eating, hello grandma's cherry cookies), the decorating. I love the traditions. Yesterday, the kids wore antler headbands and we danced in front of the finally decorated tree for an hour and I took one of those deep, warm breaths to stop the happiness from spilling right out of my eyes as silly, sappy tears.
All of that to say that there are two really important things I want to tell you in case I don't get back on the computer again until, oh I don't know, March. First, your comments on the Matching post were awesome. I loved them because so many of you identified with the issue and had dealt with it in some way even if you are not an adoptive family. Second, thank you for helping us with our holiday card question. We went with "another year, another Rudolf." I do believe I was slightly ahead in the voting (not that I counted), but Matt really liked it and as Andrea rightly pointed out, that may not, okay, most likely won't, all right, all right, probably most definitely won't ever work again.
***************************
Updated P.S. This post makes me sound like an ass. Of course there are three very important things that I want to tell you. The most important being a wish for the merriest and busiest and traditioniest of weeks for all of you. I planned to say that in a separate post. That I totally intend to publish before March. XO.






