I also baked challah for Hanukkah on Friday and I'm deeply immersed in a little crafting project for the kids of some close friends.
That is bread that I made. From a recipe. With yeast and everything. I only had to call my mom like four times and it was all in the first hour while I was hyperventilating over the failure of my yeast to breathe or grow or whatever it needs to do to make the dough rise. Turns out it is too cold in my house for yeast to work. I hear you, yeast, I often complain to the management as well. Maybe I should refuse to rise.
Anyway, crafting, creating, baking. I'm thinking brain tumor. Actually, it's a spirit-of-the-season brain infection. Totally curable by dark, cold, gloomy January. For now, I'm looking through "twinkle yights" colored glasses.
And finally, after failing miserably to produce any holiday cards last year, I get to participate in Meghan's Bloggy Holiday Card Exchange. Behold, the front of our holiday card.

I can't show you the back because the message is a topic of debate.
Matt's pick is: "Another year, another Rudolf. (Dear Santa, if it's foggy, call me. I'll make you a deal.)"
I like: "I'm Rudolf! No! I'm Rudolf! Mine Rudolf! (Dear Santa, if it's foggy, call me. I'll make you a deal.)"
What thinkest thou? That's Shakespeare for which one do you like? Matt is currently winning on twitter. Not that it's a competition or anything. It is cute and his birthday is this week.
Hope the magic of the holidays has infected all your brains and you are seeing twinkle light colored spots every where you look.






