We've owned ye olde house for seven years. That is the longest I have ever lived in one place (not counting our two trips to Saipan). Despite Matt's grumbling and groaning, I haven't missed a year at the flowering wall since the kids were born.
I love the flower wall pictures this year - and I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who commented with suggestions last year. I was much more thoughtful about light issues this time around. We might try one more time in the early morning. If I can ever get my act together! For the moment, I'm going to sit here and cry for a bit about how they grow.
Quinn, May 2011 (3 years old).
Quinn (3) and Nate (1), May 2011.
Quinn (10 months), May 2008.
Nate, the nature hater, (11 months) May 2010.
And this beautiful girl, so grown up all of a sudden. Saige (5), May 2011.
Remember? Saige (2) 2008.
And May 2010 (4).
Garrett (5), May 2011.
Garrett (4), May 2010.
Oh, my heart. May 2008 (2, 2, 10 mos).
May 2009. (3, 3, 1) (but almost 4, almost 4, almost 2!)
May 2010 (4, 4, 2, 11 months)
May 2011. (5, 5, 3, 1) (I'm slipping. Quinn is filthy from helping his Dad all day and Nate needs a hair cut desperately, but hey, we got there, and they almost all smiled.)
Swiftly, swiftly flow the years. I want to sit in an eddy for a few minutes and gaze at them, but every good rapid shooter knows that the raft flips if you quit paddling.








