Monday, March 21, 2011

The write brain at BlogHer

After intense negotiations with Matt, I managed to badger him into a final affirmative on my trip to BlogHer in San Diego in August. All by my lonesome.  No children whatsoever.  (I did not enjoy taking Nate to NYC last year, a fact that I am happy to discuss with anyone who is curious, but mostly involves bitching about having a dang baby with me all the time.)

And I've been thinking all along about how badly I'd like to talk about writing process, the craft of writing and the evolution of self as a writer on-line with the incredible people that congregate at BlogHer.  So, I forced myself to be a bit braver than I usually am and I wrote to two of my favorite writers. I discussed with them (okay, there may have been some begging) the possibility of proposing a writing process Room of Your Own discussion.

I know, it's outside of my comfort zone, but this is the year of courage in my little world.

Unbelievably Bon, whose writing routinely leaves me speechless, and Deb, whose tight, fabulous essays on life as a Kindergarten teacher make me laugh and cry, agreed to the idea and we have a Room of Your Own proposal on writing craft up right this very second.

It's all a bit last minute and that is my fault because my courage rests on a mountain of procrastination and waffling, but it's there and there are still 48 hours to say you would attend and make my life happier.

I don't ask much of y'all do I?   I'm asking now, if you are going to BlogHer and discussing our inner artists interests you at all, please run over and click that "you would attend" the session.  While you're there, read through the list.  There are fabulous proposals.  Some of my favorites are The Many Faces of Cause Marketing, Great Blog Design, From Page to Stage and Cease Fire: A call to end the war between women.

thank you.  i adore the people here and I adore the idea of talking about writing with you.