Today, some dear friends are celebrating Renee's very, very close to final adoption of Lion. It's exciting and touching and brings back so many memories for me to watch Renee and her family prepare to travel overseas and bring home their new son and brother. It's taken me all day (and thank all that is holy that I'm on the west coast and my "day" extends a little bit longer than much of the country's "day") to sit down for ten seconds and type these trite but heartfelt words:
Congratulations, Renee. Safe travels. I am SO incredibly excited for you.
***************************
Renee's happy news ties in with another big thing swirling around in my head. If adoption is a part of your life, or interests you, there is a site you should know. Grown in My Heart. The effort made there to look at adoption from many different perspectives is impressive, informative and meaningful.
Then. Last thing, I swear. If the intersection of adoption and other ways to build a family and blogging interests you and you are a member of the BlogHer network, go over to the Room Of Your Own proposals for BlogHer 2010 and vote for this panel put together by the Grown in My Heart team: Adoption, Infertility and Loss: How Much Do You Share Online? And not just because that's me and you love me. Ahem. In my opinion, the more we discuss the tough issues publicly, the less fearful they become.
***************************
Nate. Six months. I bring you the cutest damn baby in the universe. No bias. This photograph belongs to the amazing Nick Follger who can perform the seldom attempted feat of making me look good in a picture. He's superhuman.

***************************
This was waiting for me at my chair at our table on Valentine's Day morning.

Can you see what he wrote? "How's that for timing?" This substitutes for a love note in the anyhousehold. Need I say that Matt did not get his Valentine's Day wish? I think some men just ask for sex. That was more likely than an untrained baby lion/horse/dog.






