Friday, April 17, 2009

Snippets

I would walk five hundred miles.

(Actually, I probably couldn't possibly, since my twenty-nine-week self puffs and heaves carrying Cue up a flight of stairs, but I'd try.)

I'm walking for Maddie. Spokane for Maddie is an official March of Dimes walking team. Wait, let me take it one farther, I am pushing my horrendously huge triple stroller three miles for Maddie. With some friends. And some coffee.

If you live near by and you'd like to join us, we'd love it. If you're a blogger, you've probably already donated to the March of Dimes this month in honor of Maddie, so ignore this part. This is specifically targeted at my family and non-blogging friends: You read, you don't comment, you owe me five dollars. (If you want. TRIPLE stroller. Just click ... here.)

******************************************
I'm shameless, when it comes to loving you.

While you are doing annoying things for me, Ann's Rants nominated me for a Blogger's Choice Award. Which is not at all annoying, I was shocked and then pleased as anything. You can vote for me by clicking on that link over there to the right.

MOM.

Yes, you have to register and give them your email. It will take you two seconds. Do it for your grandchildren. So that they can say they are the children of a mother who, while she didn't win best parenting blog, got more than three votes, one of them being her own.

(That's legal. McCain and Obama both did it. Democracy in action.)

****************************************
I shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy.

Last thing. Mailing a leaf is illegal. Gee did it, not me. I might have helped. Okay, it was my idea, but he was the one who actually mailed the thing. I only leaf aided and abetted. We might have conspired. Damn, that makes me responsible, as a member of the conspiracy, for all acts commitment by my co-conspirators in furtherance of the conspiracy. Thank you, Professor Groot.

My defense is temper-tantrum insanity. That's like temporary insanity, only louder. We walked all the way to the mailboxes - it's like 1.5 miles (hello, MoD is double that) - the other day and when we arrived, I realized that I had only two letters to mail, but, as usual, I had three children in my possession. Trauma. Cue used to be so bump-on-a-log-ish. I still sometimes forget to factor him into the equation despite the fact that he's been going howler monkey on my ass for MONTHS when he doesn't get to do exactly what the big kids are doing, thankyouverymuch.

I picked up a huge maple leaf and I let Ess and Cue mail the letters and then I told Gee that it was a very important leaf that needed to get to Grandma as soon as possible. He bought that tripe. All happy, disastrous screaming fit all the way home avoided. Only, I failed to notice the gigantic mail truck parked behind us and the federal postal worker watching our leaf mailing ceremony.

I hoped he'd missed it, but it's hard miss a red-headed kid in a triple stroller shrieking, "MAIL THE LEAF TO GRANDMA????" He informed me that placing non-mail objects in a postal box was a federal offense. He used a pretty nice voice, so I'm going to guess he was half-way kidding. I tried to high-tail it out of there, but we had to go up hill and my iron is low. I'm constantly out of breath. It was more like snail-trailing it out of there.

Leaves must blow into the mail boxes every once in a while? No one blames the wind. If you get a leaf in your mailbox, it's from us.

*****************************
Sugar, awww, honey, honey

I gave up chai tea lattes last week in a desperate attempt to pass my one-hour glucose test this Tuesday. Basically, my world is dark and gray and I am horrendously unpleasant until my lack-of-caffeine headache clears in the afternoon. The test was Tuesday and I have heard nothing from my midwife, which I took as a clear sign that I could have a huge chai tea yesterday.

I'm just trying to cram them in, honestly. I'm sure I failed with flying sugars as usual and I consider every day until she calls to freak me out about the MASSIVE baby I'll be delivering in June/July a free chai tea pass. Cross your fingers for me? Even the losers get lucky sometimes.

******************************
Five points for the title and artist of each song quoted in this less-than-stellar collection of thought snippets!