My first baby. Born c. 1920. This is in early 2004, post redo of the outside and hacking back of the surrounding jungle. You couldn't see her from the street before the clear-cutting.

And this, huge happy sigh, is her this morning, in all her glory. Don't let the sun fool you. It's freezing here. (Yes, Matt, a high of 65 degrees in early September is freezing.)
Here is the front room right after the electricians upgraded the wiring and I had a severe heart attack over the holes. Swiss Cheese ala construction dust not being my first choice in decor. The entire house looked like that.

Here she is after the patching, painting and floor refinishing. Isn't she perfect? Yeah, well, that was pre loves numbers two, three and four. They've systematically destroyed that beautiful finish.

Here she is today. The floors are lovely no more (trust me, my small hooligans like matchbox cars), but isn't my new color yummy? It's kind of hard to see it due to my poor photography skills. You can take my word for it...YUMMY.
The kitchen when we bought the house (January 2004). We are mid-demolition here. You're right, that might be a plumber's crack going on there on the right. But, just wait until you see what the man can do.
My one true love. You have my never ending devotion, plumber's crack and all for this.
This is right after we finished the remodel. You may not believe me, but it still looks like that, only a lot messier which is why no today picture. Why? Because I NEVER EVER let my kids in there. Seriously. Baking together be damned. Quaint family time while I make dinner? Not a chance. They watch movies. That kitchen is MINE MINE MINE!!What's a good remodel without ugly bathrooms to update. We had the fugliest of them all. Don't believe me again:
The downstairs half bath.

And, my all time favorite, the only full bath in the house. Yes, that is a fish made out of plastic tile. Charming, no?

Here they are today. Are you starting to understand why I love this man, smart ass sarcastic humor and all?

That's all for now. I don't want to bore you gushing over my baby or anything. What's a proud momma to do? I love her so. But, before you go, there's one last thing I must share. Here it is, the reason Matt and I would get divorced, if we ever would consider such a thing, which we won't and don't, but if we did, THIS would be the reason.Our brand new garage. See those doors. I had to have them. I begged for them. Because they are pur-tee. So much pur-tee-er than the big solid, boring double door. Matt told me we shouldn't use them. The architect told me we shouldn't use them. Because of this:
The turn into our brand new garage. Matt told me I couldn't make it. He reminded me about the time I drove through our apartment garage door. (I don't really know what happened. One minute I was talking to my sister on my cell phone approaching the garage and the next minute I was talking to my sister on my cell phone sitting in the garage. There was just the small matter of not pausing or hitting any kind of open the garage button in between. I blame my sister. She's so interesting.) The architect told me I couldn't make it. But, I didn't listen. I loved them so. I said I would practice. I said I would take lessons if it came to that. I said I knew I could do it.
I can't do it. I'll probably never even try because I am telling you our marriage has survived a lot but it would not weather me hitting that garage with the van. My minivan spent the winter sitting in the driveway. I spent the winter scraping snow and ice off of the minivan and cursing my vanity. Matt spent the winter refusing to park the minivan in the garage for me (mean!) and laughing. Whatever. Look again. SO worth it.
For five points and glory and your name in lights in the sidebar...who hosts Matt's favorite TV show? (Hint, post title!) [All right, you're right. For those who know him well, this time of year his favorite is probably Buckeye football. So go ahead, give me the Buckeye QB from our OSU days who hosts(?) (announces, he tells me, backseat blogger) a lot of the games.] Five points for the first right answers.






