We're all going on a bloggy holiday.
No more posting for a week or two...
No more posting for a week or two...
If you can correct the words to those lines from an obscure British school song, I'm scared for you. And, I'll give you ten points and most likely the lead for the next THREE weeks in the great quote trivia game.
Tomorrow I board a plane with my little darlings and we fly across the country to visit my family for three weeks. If you live anywhere in the center of the country and you hear a crystal-shattering scream from somewhere miles above your heads tomorrow afternoon, you will know that the trip is not going well. If you see footage of a woman being dragged from the Minneapolis airport in a straight jacket, it means that we didn't even make our connection before I went stark raving mad.
Take pity on me, call my ham-eating husband, Matt, and tell him I need to be rescued. Oh, and while I'm on the subject of Matt, he wants you to know that he is staying at our house with a gun and a big dog. Sigh. Stalkers beware. Yawn. I love you, Matt, internet phobias and all. Some people fear mirrors and basements, some fear internet people.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Looks like a real hard-ass, doesn't he?
Or, maybe the kids will be angels and the trip will be fun as pigs fly lazily passed our airplane windows with little monkey pilots!
My only other big news is that I am going to take a blogging break during our travels. Mostly because I don't think I will have any time to post and my family expects me to actually spend some time with them. So, revel in having one less blog to read for a while, because there won't be a new post here until early October.
Also, could you all do me a huge favor and maybe take a hiatus yourselves? What about doing absolutely nothing interesting or exciting and having no big news for the next three weeks? Please? I hate being behind. I do hope to twitter, otherwise I might show symptoms of withdrawal. Since I somehow survive in a bit of a communication blackhole, and I have only the crappiest of pre-paid cell phones for emergencies, I'm not sure how well that will go.
If, for some reason, you should miss me, which I realize is unlikely, but if, I'm going to guess that towards the end of my trip there might be some pictures floating around the blogosphere. On October 3, I get the unbelievable privilege of having dinner with some bloggers of my heart. Meghan(!), MamaGingerTree(!), Maura(!), AmyinOhio(!), Kate(!), SusieO(!) and Quart(!) will all be in D.C. for an All Mediocre dinner! Can you tell I'm excited! How?! Is it the exclamation marks!
They are all far more technologically savvy than I and I suspect there will be twitting and blogging and flickering and sharing of all sorts from the event that you could view in multiple media if you wished. I had my hair done tonight all special like for the trip because one has to look one's best when one is removed from an international airport in a straight jacket on national television. Oh and for the dinner, because, yeah, I'm really going to fool these smart ladies. They know I sport the greasy mom ponytail every day of my life. I apologize in advance if you view pictures. I am quite possibly the least photogenic person on earth. Just focus on the hair, unless it's in a ponytail and then focus on Meghan, et al. They are adorable. Kind of like this.
.JPG)
Later blogland. See you in October. Don't forget about us now, ya hear? We won't forget about you. Oh! Something shiny...
Tomorrow I board a plane with my little darlings and we fly across the country to visit my family for three weeks. If you live anywhere in the center of the country and you hear a crystal-shattering scream from somewhere miles above your heads tomorrow afternoon, you will know that the trip is not going well. If you see footage of a woman being dragged from the Minneapolis airport in a straight jacket, it means that we didn't even make our connection before I went stark raving mad.
Take pity on me, call my ham-eating husband, Matt, and tell him I need to be rescued. Oh, and while I'm on the subject of Matt, he wants you to know that he is staying at our house with a gun and a big dog. Sigh. Stalkers beware. Yawn. I love you, Matt, internet phobias and all. Some people fear mirrors and basements, some fear internet people.
Looks like a real hard-ass, doesn't he?
Or, maybe the kids will be angels and the trip will be fun as pigs fly lazily passed our airplane windows with little monkey pilots!
My only other big news is that I am going to take a blogging break during our travels. Mostly because I don't think I will have any time to post and my family expects me to actually spend some time with them. So, revel in having one less blog to read for a while, because there won't be a new post here until early October.
Also, could you all do me a huge favor and maybe take a hiatus yourselves? What about doing absolutely nothing interesting or exciting and having no big news for the next three weeks? Please? I hate being behind. I do hope to twitter, otherwise I might show symptoms of withdrawal. Since I somehow survive in a bit of a communication blackhole, and I have only the crappiest of pre-paid cell phones for emergencies, I'm not sure how well that will go.
If, for some reason, you should miss me, which I realize is unlikely, but if, I'm going to guess that towards the end of my trip there might be some pictures floating around the blogosphere. On October 3, I get the unbelievable privilege of having dinner with some bloggers of my heart. Meghan(!), MamaGingerTree(!), Maura(!), AmyinOhio(!), Kate(!), SusieO(!) and Quart(!) will all be in D.C. for an All Mediocre dinner! Can you tell I'm excited! How?! Is it the exclamation marks!
They are all far more technologically savvy than I and I suspect there will be twitting and blogging and flickering and sharing of all sorts from the event that you could view in multiple media if you wished. I had my hair done tonight all special like for the trip because one has to look one's best when one is removed from an international airport in a straight jacket on national television. Oh and for the dinner, because, yeah, I'm really going to fool these smart ladies. They know I sport the greasy mom ponytail every day of my life. I apologize in advance if you view pictures. I am quite possibly the least photogenic person on earth. Just focus on the hair, unless it's in a ponytail and then focus on Meghan, et al. They are adorable. Kind of like this.
Later blogland. See you in October. Don't forget about us now, ya hear? We won't forget about you. Oh! Something shiny...






